You might have guessed by now that I can’t live without carbs. This recipe is great though – you get a good spicy tomato sauce in minutes without any of that sharp metallic taste. The King prawns add a meaty sweetness without adding heaviness, and the peppers add some veggie goodness that keeps things nice and fresh.
You will need:
around 8 king prawns per person
1 clove garlic
1/2 tin cherry tomatoes (or chopped but I think these work better)
splash white wine
salt and pepper
a couple of drops of lemon juice
1/2 red pepper
a few green beans (optional)
spaghetti or linguine
1. Put the spaghetti on to cook in salted water. Grate the garlic and fry in a pan with a little oil in it. Add the chilli and chopped peepers and green beans. Fry a little until everything starts to soften.
2. Add the wine and cook out.
3. Add the tomatoes and squash the lumps down a little to help break them down.
4. Add the seasoning and simmer for 5 to 10 mins.
5. Add the prawns and cook for a few minutes on each side until pink and plump.
6. Drain the spaghetti and add to the pan. Mix everything together and serve.